Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No one will ever guess that black beans are the secret ingredient in this recipe! Surprisingly delicious, almost fudge like. taste really good cold ...Yummy! (from Whole Foods Blog)
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted plus (more for the baking dish)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter an 8-inch baking pan.
- Place the black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the blade and carefully stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set in the center.
- Cool before cutting into squares.