Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for any meal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Mix all the buscuit ingredients together til crumbly.
- Make a well with your thumbs in the center of the mound.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and pour into the well.
- Mix all completely into a dough and knead til smooth and elastic.
- Pat biscuit dough out 1 inch thick and put into 3 inch rounds.
- Shape into muffins and place on a greased sheet.
- Brush with an egg wash before baking.
- Bake 450°,15-18 minutes or til golden.
Wakey, wakey...rise and shine! Great biscuits, now onto jelly doughnuts... *PAC Spring 2013*