These cupcakes have a firmer texture, more like a poundcake and wonderful flavor. After making these, I have a hard time eating the plain ones from just cake mix. Everyone I have made these for loves them. The recipe is from the Cupcake Doctor.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend on low speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl; increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more. The batter should be smooth and thickened.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full and place in oven.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing cups from pans. Cool completely before frosting.
- Eat as is or frost as desired.