Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This wonderful recipe is from the Weekend magazine. I just LOVE it and hope you too will!
- 3 tablespoons pure wesson canola oil or 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled, washed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup spring onion, chopped
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the garlic and sauté on medium flame until the raw smell is gone and it starts to brown.
- Add the sliced onion and red bell pepper.
- Sauté on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper and salt to taste.
- Mix well with the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle spring onions over the rice immediately before serving.
- Serve hot.
Very nice side dish to my Southwestern Brisket. I have bell peppers in the brisket so I left them out of the recipe, but the flavor is very nice, just spicey enough. Thanks Charishma for a tasty rice dish to add to my recipe book!Carole in Orlando