Recipe by Chef 167408
This has been one of my families favorite meals for years. Very delicious.
Top Review by Mary Austin
This is a very easy recipe and according to my picky eater (age 13) it's THE BEST he's ever tasted. I didn't have 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup so used 1 can of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken. Also didn't have cubed beef so used ground venison which cut the 1-1/2 hours of boiling time to nothing. This recipe, using ground, sliced, or cubed beef (or venison) will become a monthly meal at our house. Thanks so much.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed beef (I use sirloin)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- add cubed beef to pan saute in butter and oil until browned; add enough water to come about 1/2 inch above meat.
- add onion and boil gently for about 1 1/2 hours.
- when meat is very tender pour off excess water.
- add 2 cans of soup and stir in the milk a little at a time to stir out lumps.
- add all other ingredients except for the rice and heat, stirring frequently.
- You can also add beef boullion to the rice as it is cooking.