Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with this after cooking a huge pot roast. It was so yummy I immediately wrote down everything I did and used just so I wouldn't forget it!
- 1 -2 lb leftover cooked pot roast
- 1 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Chop roast to your desired consistency (shredded, chunks, thin slices, whatever).
- Put water, bouillon cubes, and barbecue sauce in a medium pot. Heat over medium high heat, until the mixture is boiling.
- Once the mixture hits a boil, whisk to thoroughly dissolve bouillon and to combine. Add beef and mushrooms.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put mayonnaise on rolls, if desired. Spoon beef mixture into rolls.
Great way to use leftover beef!
Clearly, the best sandwich I have had in ages. We all loved it, the taste was very delicious. Will definately try again.