Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 hrs
This is just so good we couldn't stop eating it the first time (and subsequent times) we made it! Savory and perfectly shredded, people beg me for the recipe. The trick is to use a tip roast and cook it in a savory broth.
- 5 lbs beef tip roast
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- your favorite barbecue sauce
- Place roast into slow cooker and pour beef broth over the top.
- Add the liquid smoke, worcestershire and vinegar, cover and cook on low for 24 hours (you can do less if you want, I usually start it the morning before we need it).
- Trim any fat from the roast and place back in the slow cooker. With two large meat forks shred the beef into the broth and let it cook for another hour. You can drain the broth off now and pour in your favorite bbq sauce.
This was great. I thought it was great before we put the BBQ sauce on it. Will definitely be making again. Made for Spring PAC 2008.
Very good. The meat of course was very tender and it was so easy to make. I will be making this again. Reveiwed for PAC 07