Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this for my nieces when they come over. It is better than store bought or package mix and it is a good starter recipe for teaching children how to bake
- Grease a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter or margarine, sugar and egg in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Combine bananas and milk in a bowl.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda onto wax paper.
- Stir into sugar mixture alternately with banana-milk mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour or until center springs back.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and cool completely.
I made this recipe this morning for breakfast & I think its good...It didn't WOW me but it tasted good & had a nice crisp top. I would make it again to use up my bananas :-)
This recipe is the one I've been looking for. Your the best.
Good banana bread. As another reviewer said not too sweet which I liked.