Recipe by Quiet Man
I make this for my nieces when they come over. It is better than store bought or package mix and it is a good starter recipe for teaching children how to bake
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter or margarine, sugar and egg in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Combine bananas and milk in a bowl.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda onto wax paper.
- Stir into sugar mixture alternately with banana-milk mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour or until center springs back.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and cool completely.