Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful banana cream pie recipe to make when you're having guests. It makes two pies. Caution!!! This is not a recipe for dieters. I did not include the time in the refrigerator in the prep time.
- In medium to large saucepan, combine half and half and butter.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt until cornstarch is completely dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Gradually add to the mixture in the saucepan, beating constantly with a wire whisk.
- Cook while stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Add the marshmallows.
- Stir until the marshmallows melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, toss the bananas with the pineapple juice until they are evenly coated.
- Drain and discard the juice.
- Fold the bananas into the cooled filling mixture.
- Spoon into the crusts.
- Lay plastic wrap directly on top of filling to prevent a film from forming.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap and top with whipped cream.