Recipe by GreenEyed Precious
While I will concede that some merit goes to those who slave hours to produce a good banana pie, I have yet to taste one better than this--and it only takes minutes to prepare if you have a pre-made crust. My mom is famous for her pies, and this is the easiest and best one. To get your whipped cream from good to fantastic, use really good vanilla. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by MrsK
I am very sorry, but this pie was a fiasco... First, the bananas got dark and mushy the second day. Second, the vanilla taste was so strong you could barely taste the bananas. Didn't work.
- one 8-inch pre-baked crumb crust
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (4 serving size, sugar-free is fine)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip milk, sour cream, and pudding mix together until smooth. Let rest.
- Slice bananas, and line the crust with them. (Don't put them too high up the sides--any left uncovered by the filling will brown.).
- Pour filling on top of bananas, and chill (loosely covered) until nearly ready to serve.
- Whip cream. Add sugar and vanilla, and mix again. Dollop on top of the filling and serve immediately.