Recipe by meganhough
Yum! A classic recipe passed down through my family. I like to use very ripe older bananas for this and put them in a blender or food processor to get them super smooth! Also, use 1/4 cup of milk and 3/4 tsp vinegar for the buttermilk
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml Butter Flavor Crisco
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 mashed bananas
- 59.16 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 Cake pan.
- Cream the sugar and shortening well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Mix the flour with the baking soda and set aside.
- Mash the bananas and add the buttermilk to the banana mixture.
- Alternately add the flour mixture.
- Add the bananas to the creamed mixture.
- Add the vanilla and 1/2 cup pecans if you like and mix well.
- (use 1/4 cup of milk and 3/4 tsp vinegar for the buttermilk).
- I like to mash the bananas in the blender to make them smoother.
- Bake 35 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.