Recipe by SilentCricket
Okay, another banana bread recipe...But maybe the other ones don't have at least one ingredient that this one does...My family loves the muffins from this recipe...especially when I make mini-muffins! (I usually halve the recipe!) Makes 4 loaves or 60 muffins
Top Review by spencerkaitlin
Easy to follow recipe. Cut the recipe down to one loaf, used two bananas, used 1/2 cup honey & 1/2 cup brown sugar, whole wheat flour, and honey mead instead of water. So delicious without being too sweet!
- 354.88 ml butter or 354.88 ml margarine
- 946.36 ml sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1182.95 ml mashed bananas
- 295.73 ml water
- 19.71 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1537.83 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips (optional, but a must for our family!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs.
- Add bananas, water, soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Blend well.
- Stir in flour.
- Add nuts and/or chips, if desired.
- Pour into 4 greased/floured loaf pans or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350: loaves need 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Muffins need only 18-20 minutes.
- ***With this recipe, I usually always make muffins to cut down bake time.