Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Okay, another banana bread recipe...But maybe the other ones don't have at least one ingredient that this one does...My family loves the muffins from this recipe...especially when I make mini-muffins! (I usually halve the recipe!) Makes 4 loaves or 60 muffins
- 354.88 ml butter or 354.88 ml margarine
- 946.36 ml sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1182.95 ml mashed bananas
- 295.73 ml water
- 19.71 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1537.83 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips (optional, but a must for our family!)
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs.
- Add bananas, water, soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Blend well.
- Stir in flour.
- Add nuts and/or chips, if desired.
- Pour into 4 greased/floured loaf pans or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350: loaves need 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Muffins need only 18-20 minutes.
- ***With this recipe, I usually always make muffins to cut down bake time.
Easy to follow recipe. Cut the recipe down to one loaf, used two bananas, used 1/2 cup honey & 1/2 cup brown sugar, whole wheat flour, and honey mead instead of water. So delicious without being too sweet!
Real easy recipe. I quartered the recipe and easily made 16 muffins. I was out of butter so I used Crisco plus 1.5 tsp each of butter flavor and vanilla. I then topped them with buttercream icing mixed with cinnamon. They turned out pretty good. I added pics. Thanks for the recipe.
I halved the recipe and got 3 dozen muffins. Yummy!