Recipe by SilentCricket
Okay, another banana bread recipe...But maybe the other ones don't have at least one ingredient that this one does...My family loves the muffins from this recipe...especially when I make mini-muffins! (I usually halve the recipe!) Makes 4 loaves or 60 muffins
Top Review by spencerkaitlin
Easy to follow recipe. Cut the recipe down to one loaf, used two bananas, used 1/2 cup honey & 1/2 cup brown sugar, whole wheat flour, and honey mead instead of water. So delicious without being too sweet!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 5 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional, but a must for our family!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs.
- Add bananas, water, soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Blend well.
- Stir in flour.
- Add nuts and/or chips, if desired.
- Pour into 4 greased/floured loaf pans or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350: loaves need 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Muffins need only 18-20 minutes.
- ***With this recipe, I usually always make muffins to cut down bake time.