1/6 Photos of The Best Banana Bread
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Tracy H.'s Note:
This is one of the recipes I am known for. Super moist and super yummy. I have tried many over the years and always come back to this. I often give it as a gift around the holidays. Just may be the last banana bread recipe you ever try! Can also make 3 mini-loaves
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar (by hand or mixer).
- 2Mash bananas and add by hand to creamed mixture.
- 3By hand add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, flour and salt.
- 4Gently stir in buttermilk and chocolate chips.
- 5Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hour or until it tests done with a toothpick.
- 7**I find that coarsely mashing bananas is best and make sure they are over ripe for best flavor.
- 8I also find that doing the majority of the mixing by hand makes for better texture in the end.
- 9**Even though the recipe says it makes 1 loaf, I usually use 2 loaf pans or 3 mini loaf pans because it seems to yield a moister bread.
- 10Just adjust baking time down.
- 11**if you do not have buttermilk you can put 1 teaspoons vinegar into a 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill to top with milk.
- 12Let rest 5 minutes before adding to recipe.
- 13**This freezes well.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.2
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 563.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 49.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g