Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is one of the recipes I am known for. Super moist and super yummy. I have tried many over the years and always come back to this. I often give it as a gift around the holidays. Just may be the last banana bread recipe you ever try! Can also make 3 mini-loaves
- Cream butter and sugar (by hand or mixer).
- Mash bananas and add by hand to creamed mixture.
- By hand add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, flour and salt.
- Gently stir in buttermilk and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hour or until it tests done with a toothpick.
- **I find that coarsely mashing bananas is best and make sure they are over ripe for best flavor.
- I also find that doing the majority of the mixing by hand makes for better texture in the end.
- **Even though the recipe says it makes 1 loaf, I usually use 2 loaf pans or 3 mini loaf pans because it seems to yield a moister bread.
- Just adjust baking time down.
- **if you do not have buttermilk you can put 1 teaspoons vinegar into a 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill to top with milk.
- Let rest 5 minutes before adding to recipe.
- **This freezes well.