Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is our family banana bread recipe. It is the BEST you will ever taste! Perfectly moist, with the right balance of flavors. My kids don't even notice the nuts if I chop them fine enough!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add one egg at a time, beat until smooth.
- Blend in mashed bananas.
- In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Stir only to moisten.
- Transfer to greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a fork or toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.
- Wrap in Saran Wrap if not serving right away.
A very good banana bread. I found it only needed to be baked for about 50 minutes.