This is always a huge hit at my get togethers and everyone wants the recipe for it --- this takes only minutes to make and you may adjust the garlic amount as you wish, I would start with the 2 teaspoons for a milder garlic flavor or use garlic powder in place of fresh garlic --- this recipe can easily be doubled, you will *LOVE* this! :)
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- shredded swiss cheese (use any amount desired)
- 1Set oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter a 1 or 2-quart round or oval casserole dish.
- 3In a bowl combine all ingredients together together; mix well to combine.
- 4Adjust Tabasco and garlic to taste.
- 5Transfer to casserole dish.
- 6Bake for about 25 minutes or until browned on top.
- 7Sprinkle with grated Swiss cheese, then return to oven for another 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 8Serve hot or warm with assorted crackers.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Baked Vidalia Onion Dip!
Serving Size: 1 (610 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.8
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 1300.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: