1/5 Photos of The BEST Baked Potato Soup Ever!
Jeanette G's Note:
This really is the best baked potato soup I have ever tasted. I've had this recipe for quite a while now and I thought it was time to share with you guys!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes (about 2 cups chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1Wash potatoes thoroughly and microwave until tender.
- 2If you would like you can always bake in a 400 degree oven for one hour or until done.
- 3As the potatoes are cooling, melt your butter in a large saucepan and saute your onions until light brown.
- 4Add in your flour to make a roux.
- 5Add in your chicken broth, water, cornstarch, instant mashed potatoes and spices and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce your heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 7Take your cooled potatoes and peel off the skin and chop up into desired pieces.
- 8Add in your chopped up potatoes and the heavy whipping cream to your soup and bring it back to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until it is thick.
- 10Garnish with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The BEST Baked Potato Soup Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.4
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1661.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 16.0 g