Recipe by Cosmo_girl
This is by far the BEST Bacon, Potato and Cheese soup you'll ever eat!!! It's easy to make, doesn't take that long and is just a great comfort food! Enjoy!!!
- olive oil
- 0.5 (500 g) package bacon (add more if desired)
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (add more if desired)
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place oil into large stockpot and heat.
- 2. Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until somewhat crispy. You can drain abit of the oil at this point if desired.
- 3. Add onions to the bacon in pot and cook until tender.
- 4. Add potatoes in large stockpot and cover with water. Cook until potatoes are almost tender.
- 5. Remove about one cup of the cooked potatoes and mash in a bowl with the back of a fork. Add some of the liquid from the pan (about a tablespoon at a time) along with the flour till you have a thick paste. Add this back to the pot.
- 6. Place the cheese in the pot. Let the soup simmer until the cheese melts and is thick. Add ground black pepper to taste and stir in the milk.