Abby Girl's Note:
I have been experimenting with this recipe for over the past 6 months after I had been diagnosed with extremely dry eyes. I found that I couldn't use the make up remover that was recommended by the doctor because of a reaction. I wanted to make something that would effectively remove my eye make up without damaging my already dry skin... hopefully leaving it smooth and silky. After many trials and errors....I came up with this!! I tried the other recipes on this site and they were very good...but, it all came down to finding the proper size containers. I ended up trying this recipe with a smaller (more readily available) container and it worked out perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large paper, towel
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or any good quality oil, or see the note)
- 1 tablespoon cream (I use jojoba oil, unscented)
- 1 teaspoon liquid soap, unscented
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water (optional)
- 2 drops tea tree essential oils (optional)
- 1 capsule vitamin E (optional)
- 1Container: I had problems finding a container that would accommodate the roll cut in half (as stated in other recipes). I found beautiful containers, but they were not air proof. I ended up using a large Ziploc round container and cut the paper towel roll into 3rds using a sharp knife. A serrated knife will just shred the paper towel and you will have dust flying around the air! A rectangle container does not work with this recipe -- the oils sit on the top sheet and does not penetrate down to the other sheets.
- 2Liquid: In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, cream and soap. Add the boiling water and melt the oils. Pour around the outside of the paper towel, moving in towards the middle, making sure that all of the paper towel is covered. By adding more water, you might have to wring out the excess water when using the product, so take that into consideration. Let sit for 5 minutes, then gently pull out the cardboard roll from the middle and start your first sheet.
- 3Note: If you are able to find a container that can fit the paper towel cut in half, use that -- but keep the ingredients the same. Other recipes state using 2 cups of water, but after experimenting this recipe a couple of times, I found that the amount of water stated wasn't necessary. The bigger the container, with more air circulating around the paper towel, the more chances that mould will set inches Vitamin E - or - Tea Tree can be used as a preventative measure against mould. To travel with the wipes, take what you need and put them in a small zip lock bag. I have taken 2 weeks of wipes this way and had no problems. Just make sure that the air can't get into the bag. Air, dirty hands = mould.
- 4If you are using this for a baby with sensitive skin, use unscented oils and change the cream to a light oil like Jojoba, Almond, Avocado, Sunflower, Emu, Ostrich (the last 2 mentioned being the better oils, but most expensive) and the soap to an organic liquid soap with no Sodium Laurel Sulphite. If using the essential oils, do NOT use any more than stated. Babies absorb essential oils more readily than adults, so use caution.
- 5Oils used: Each oil has a different consistency. I tried using Palm Oil in this recipe, but found that I liked Coconut better for the richer feeling it gave my skin. If you are going to change the oils, just realize the consistency will be different. Oils can go rancid, so just smell first to make sure that they are fine. I am not a big fan of baby oil/shampoo/cream products because they use way too much perfumes, which isn't needed! Oils can be found in health food stores or on line.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Baby Wipes/Make up Remover for the Sensitive
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 12.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: