Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Yummy low fat pancakes that are WW Points:4 points per serving (2 small pancakes). Increase recipe if you want more or bigger cakes.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup carnation nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granular Splenda sugar substitute (or more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- In a medium bowl, combine applesauce and cool whip free.
- Fold in raisins.
- Cover and refrigerate while preparing pancakes.
- In a large bowl, combine dry baking mix, dry milk powder, walnuts, Splenda, and apple pie spice.
- Add water, vanilla extract, and egg white.
- Mix well to combine.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure as a guide, pour batter onto a hot griddle or skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray to form 8 pancakes.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and bubbles are popping.
- For each serving, place a pancake on a plate and top with about 1/4 cup applesauce mixture. Serve at once.
Oh My Peas! This is the best lowfat thing I've eaten in a very long time! The whole family loved them. I wasn't able to add the nuts because I am the only one that likes them, and I only had regular Bisquick... but otherwise followed the directions, which is rare for me. I'm impressed. When I was growing up, my brother was diabetic, so we had all sorts of 'healthy food' that makes you wanna run and hide. This was perfect. You don't notice the difference, which is very important for the newbies to the healthy food genre. I even put a few in the freezer for a quick breakfast later, and they came out good. Made and Reviewed for PRMR. Thanks! :)
5 stars all the way! These delicious cakes combine all the flavors and textures you want. Sweet, chewy raisins, crunchy walnuts, tender pancakes and a creamy topping that sends it over the top! I halved the recipe and had 6 good-sized pancakes for 2 of us. I love this kind of low-fat recipe that lets me enjoy every bite! Thanks Annacia!