Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm not a big fan of Apple Pie, but I really like this one, and it's simple, even with baking challenged people like me. :) My favorite part of this pie is the crunchy, caramel crust that forms on the top of the pie when it's done cooking. Yummy.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt Butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in the pie plate.
- Fill with sliced apples, mounded slightly. (I like to toss the apples in a little cinnamon before I put them in the crust.)
- Cover with a lattice work of crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Pour slowly so it doesn't run off.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit; reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Continue baking for another 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Let cool.