Recipe by #1 Baker
The best Apple Pie that you will ever eat. The secret is soaking the apples in the melted butter.
Top Review by Silent Whispers
This was the best apple pie I ever made. But pie is not one of my things. I used a deep dish pie plate and increased the apples to at least 6 cups, and I used an entire cup of butter. Everything else well,. I followed the recipe exactly. But no chopped pecans in the topping . Everyone loved it especially the ones who ate it warm right from the oven ! ( me and my son) Thanks for sharing, I think this is a good recipe for beginners.
- 4 cups apples, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour melted butter over sliced apples and soak a few minutes.
- Combine sugar, flour, and spices.
- Remove apples from butter (reserve any that is left and use in topping).
- Coat apples with sugar mixture, pour into pastry shell.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over apples.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 to 45 minutes.