1/1 Photo of The Best Apple Crisp
1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1393407's Note:
This is the best apple crisp i have ever tasted! The crisp part tastes like a shortbread cookie! Its a recipe from the food network show Barefoot Contessa. I only used 2 1/2 lbs of apples(about 5) but i prefer my apple crisps more crispy than appley! I also used Gala apples because they just happened to be on sale and it turned out great! You can use your own apple of choice! I also didnt have orange juice or the zests so i just used the bottled lemon juice and it tasted fine.You can also substitute berries, peaches, or any other fruit you like! This crisp also stays crisp if stored in the fridge!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Apple Mixture.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Peel and cut apples to bite size pieces.
- 4Toss together apples, both zests, both juices, 1/2 sugar, 1/4 cup flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 5Mix until apples are coated and pour into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- 6For the crisp topping combine 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup oatmeal, and 1 cup(2 sticks) cubed cold butter in a mixer.
- 7Mix until mixture is crumbly.
- 8With hands(its easier this way) crumble topping over the apple mixture. Make sure to cover all the apples.
- 9Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 10Let cool before you enjoy! It will be really hot!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.0
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 213.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 85.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g