Recipe by wife2abadge
I got this from the cookbook Beat That! and it is absolutely melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cold by itself. It's even more delish the next day.
- 4 1⁄2 cups tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together, then toss the apple slices with the lemon juice and cinnamon sugar.
- In a small bowl, blend the brown sugar, flour, butter, and salt together with a pastry blender -- and then your hands, if needed.
- Put the apple slices in a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Press the topping over the apples.
- Bake at 375 for one hour.