Recipe by Marie
This quick and easy pound cake starts with a yellow cake mix and then adds some key ingredients to make it very rich tasting.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
This was a very easy cake to make. I used a bundt pan and not a tube pan as suggested and it took a few minutes longer to cook. I followed the recipe exactly and a nice lemony pound cake was the result. It stayed very moist for a few days too(it did not last long in this house). Thanks for the recipe.
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan with vegetable shortening, then dust it with flour.
- Place the butter and oil in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until creamy, 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and beat until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating each until the yolks of the eggs have just been incorporated.
- Add cake mix, 1 cup of flour, sour cream, evaporated milk, and vanilla.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until the batter is thick and well blended, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer, scraping down the side of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan, and bake the cake until it is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with a finger, 60 to 65 minutes.
- Remove the tube pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a dinner knife around the edge of the cake, shake it gently to loosen it, and invert onto a rack, then invert it again onto another rack so that the cake is right side up.
- Allow the cake to cool completely, 20 minutes longer.