Recipe by mizzlizzita
I've made this since I was 7 years old. My brother, then 5, loved them. They're still his absolute favorite cookie recipe 5 years later!!! These are the best peanut butter cookies I've ever made/tried!!! I got them out of a little kiddie cookbook (my first cookbook ever, though about 20 pages long and VERY basic!!!!!!). Top with Hershey's Kisses right after baking for an even better cookie! (hmmm, didn't think that was possible!!)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 36 Hershey chocolate kisses (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and peanut butter. Stir well.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and put them two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten the cookies by making a criss-cross design using a fork, first pressing horizontally, then vertically (or vice-versa).
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transplant the cookies to a plate.
- Optional: If desired, press a Hershey's Kiss on the center of each cookie as soon as they are removed from the oven.