Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
People have a weakness for this New York Cheesecake, I tell ya! Its very rich...Normally I would divide the cake into 20 portions....But if you can take all the richness, 16 portions will be great.
- For The base:.
- If you're using a dark pan, preheat the oven to 350. If you are using a shiny pan, 375.
- Combine the crumbs, melted butter and 3 tbsp sugar well and pat onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. I also like to very very lightly butter the sides of the pan so that the cheesecake will not stick later on.
- Bake for 10 mins in your preheated oven and remove. Let it cool while you prepare your batter.
- For the batter:.
- Make sure everything is at room temperature.
- Combine sugar, cheese, flour and vanilla in a big bowl and mix on medium speed till well combined. Don't forget to scrape the bowl as you're doing this.
- Mix in the sour cream till its incorporated well. Then, add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the springform and let it bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes After the baking time, turn off the oven and leave the door ajar. Let the cake cool in there for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the cake and let it cool thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, release the sides of the springform and ENJOY YOUR CAKE.
So you know: Digestive plain sweet biscuit crumbs are graham cracker crumbs. This is yummy.
This is one outstanding cheesecake! I used my new mini springform pans and topped it with a blueberry compote. Rich.....not too sweet.....delicious NY style cheesecake. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 3!
I'm not a baked cheesecake fan, preferring the refrigerated type more, but I wanted to learn how to make a good basic cheesecake that is able to have many different topping/sauces beside it depending on the season. The reviews I got were of praise and they absolutely loved it. This is a very good recipe, simple to make if you have the time for the whole cooling down process. It's creamy without going thud in your stomach, heaving as a baked