Recipe by proverbsthreeone
This is the only spaghetti that may husband raves about. It consists of Barilla whole grain spaghetti, Newmsn's Own Sockarooni sauce & 1 lb of lean ground beef. I inserted the ingredients of the sauce so that the nutritional information would be accurate but some of the ingredient measurements may not be exactly accurate.
Top Review by fuderwaken
Great recipe, I used Italian sausage and ground chuck, fresh tomatoes, fresh onion, and fresh mushrooms. I cooked down the peppers and onion in Marsala wine with a little olive oil before adding to my sauce. Before baking I covered the spaghetti with mozzarella cheese.
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (we use Newman's Own Sockarooni)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- boil spaghetti according to pachage directions, drain water.
- brown ground beef in a skillet and drain any access grease.
- combine spaghetti and ground beef with both jars of sauce in a ductch oven or heavy pot.
- stir until completely mixed.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until warmed completely through.
- *if you don't plan to serve it right away you can refrigerate up to 4 or 5 days and then cook in the oven until warmed completely through.