Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love to make this in the summer when I can use fresh tomatoes from the backyard. So sweet and delicious! We eat it with brown rice pasta - fusilli is our preferred shape. The measurements are approximate, since I don't really measure when I make this.
- 2 -3 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried red lentils
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- In a saucepan, cook tomatoes until they start to let go of their liquid, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in lentils and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, approximately 20 minutes.