Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
An old family recipe that can't be beaten. I especially love it because I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. It's best with VERY ripe bananas. Any size is fine. When mine are too ripe for even the kids who don't care, I throw them into the refidgerator until I get the chance to bake this. Use 2 large bread pans or 3 small ones. Make sure and reduce cooking times if you do 3.
- Place sugar, Crisco,eggs and bananas into mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda.
- Beat until smooth and blended.
- Pour into 2 large or 3 small loaf pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake at 325 for 65-70 minutes for 2 loaf pans, 55-60 minutes for 3.