We dont deep-fry a lot but when we do..we do a WHACK of stuff. I've tried numerous recipes and this by far is the cheapest, tastiest and works with everything. Fish and onion rings are phenomenol. Spices are to your own taste and can be adjusted to whatever taste you want. Believe me...I've added everything from curry to southwestern tastes, this 'basic' recipe is just a guideline to the spices and taste you are looking for. ENJOY, it's awesome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients, except the extra flour, whisk together.
- 2Add beer and only mix lightly.
- 3DO NOT over mix. If there are flour lumps just squish with the back of a spoon.
- 4You want the mix to be blended but not overmixed as it will not 'puff up' when deep-frying.
- 5For fish,shrimp, and 'meaty or wet' items I usually towel dry them and dredge them in the additional flour.
- 6Then dip and cover in mixture. Let the excess drip off and when putting any item in the deep fryer -- use tongs.and dip whatever you are deep frying in the oil for about 10 seconds, then release.
- 7This prevents the food from sticking to the bottom of the fryer. (Took us a while to learn that technique).
- 8When it comes to fish or something long or big -- I just put the first inch or 2 in and let it bubble for a few seconds so that I know it won't sink to the bottom and stick. (I truly hated that with deep frying).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best All Purpose Deep Fry Batter
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1289.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning