Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe out of a FAMILY FAVORITES cookbook that was put together at a school for a fundraiser. This is the best Alfredo sauce I have ever eaten . It is so easy to make. You could make a lighter version by useing light cream cheese. Not nearly the amount of calories of regular cream
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 (358 ml) can evaporated milk (or you could use regular milk)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more)
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth and hot or microwave on high stirring every 2 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth and hot.
- TOMATO ALFREDO SAUCE----add 1 cup of prepared tomato spaghetti sauce to the above sauce.
- Serve over pasta.
This is fantastic! I first sauteed some mushrooms and spinach in the butter for just a bit, then added the garlic and the cream cheese. Since I found I didn't have any evaporated milk, I thinned the sauce with chicken broth instead. I served it over tortelllini and my family loved it! Thanks for the recipe!
This sauce is incredible! Handy tip, though: If you find it's too sticky, cut back on the cream cheese. Cream cheese is a binder, so the more you use, the stickier it gets. I love it though!
This was soo easy and delicious made it for our 4 year old daughter with the bowtie pasta and she came back for 2nds. I loved it so much I couldn't keep my fingers out of it while it cooked. This is a true keeper ! Thank you for posting it