Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe in a local supermarket pamphlet, "In Good Taste." Try this on ice cream, angel food cake, pound cake, waffles or pancakes! Times are estimates.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 grated orange, zest of
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries, quartered
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries, quartered
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, quartered
- In small pot, combine sugar, zest, and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low; simmer until syrupy, 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add juices and vanilla.
- Combine berries in bowl. Strain warm syrup over berries; marinate 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.