1/10 Photos of The Bergy Burger
Pot Scrubber's Note:
This is posted in honour of our very own beloved Chef Bergy aka "Her Majesty, the Queen of the Saturday Night Burger." I came up with this after browsing through her countless burger recipes and becoming hopelessly confused trying to pick just one. I hope you like this burger, Bergy! I posted this recipe out of the respect and love Zaar members have for you.
My Private Note
Bergy B ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb seasoned hamburger (I use 1 Tb Montreal Steak seasoning per pound of meat and a splash of w'shire...use your favorite)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper (red or green)
- 5 tablespoons steak sauce (I like A1 and Dugan likes Heinz 57 but whatever is your favorite)
- 3 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 3 slices monterey jack cheese
- 3 onion hamburger buns
- mustard (optional)
- pickled jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1Season meat your favorite way and form three patties. Do not over work meat and make too compact or you will have meatloaf burgers. I think 1 pound of meat makes three perfect burgers.
- 2Lightly butter split hamburger/onion rolls and pan fry until toasted. Or you may just dry toast them if you wish without butter. (I get a wonderful jalapeño/cheddar bun from my grocery bakery).
- 3Chop onion and bell pepper coarsely and fry in a little oil until the onions are caramelized nicely and the bell pepper is wilted.
- 4Pour off excess oil and add the steak sauce and heat through and set aside in a bowl.
- 5Grill or pan fry hamburger patties (like Queen Bergy does!) until done to your liking.
- 6Heat broiler. Yes--you are reading this right-- heat your broiler!
- 8Assemble your Bergy Burger.
- 9Spread mustard (if using it)on toasted buns. Place a hamburger patty on bottom bun and top with bell pepper/onion/steak sauce mixture. Add pickled jalapeño slices. (if you are using them) Lay a thick slice or two of pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese on top.
- 10Guess what? Put it under your broiler. After having made this a couple of times I find that doing this keeps the onion/pepper mixture in place while eating it and the melted cheese has a better flavor. Only broil for a minute or so. You just want the cheese to melt well and drape over the ingredients to hold them in place.
- 11Remove from broiler and add the top bun and serve with your favorite oven fries recipe. That's what Queen Bergy would do.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Bergy Burger
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 252.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
onion hamburger buns