This was lunch today just to satisfy a craving. you will need 2 portabella mushrooms for each burger. These will become the "bun". This is rich and savory. A real man pleaser
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the burgers over medium high heat until cooked, about 4 minutes each side; set aside.
- 2put about 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan and add thinly sliced onion sprinkle with about 1/2 Worcestershire sauce and sugar and a pinch or so of salt. Sauté until caramelized. about 5-10 minutes Set aside.
- 3Add some more butter to the pan place the mushrooms cap side down and sprinkle with remaining Worcestershire sauce cook until browned and flip to cook the other side. about 3-5 minutes each side.
- 4When mushrooms are done you may begin assembly place one mushroom cap side down on serving ( microwave safe) plate. Set burger on top of mushroom. cover burger with slices of cheese and the barbecue sauce.
- 5While assembling the burger sauté the tomato in same pan about 3 minutes each side. when cooked on both sides carefully place on top of cheese and burger. Top with the caramelized onions and finally the second mushroom bun cap side up this time.
- 6Put burger in the microwave and heat for 45-60 seconds to reheat burger and melt the cheeses slightly.
- 7Serve immediately.
- 8Note: Unlike other burgers, this will need a knife and fork. I'm not certain until the nutritional stats are up but I suspect this recipe might be good for the low carbers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Bella Burger
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.4
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.2 mg
- Sodium 547.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: