Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tarty chicken recipe has a very unique taste and is the only way I can get rid of those half empty bottles of beer my husband "forgets about" in the refrigerator.
- In skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- When cooked inside, add the juice of lime and cover with enough beer to just go over tops of chick.
- Cover and let cook until juices condense.
- Do not freak out, sometimes it takes awhile for this to happen.
- I have often thought it was going to be a watery mess for ever but when it happens-pow!
- In a matter of minutes you will have a lovely tart brown glaze on the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Goes very nicely with rice.
I had a bunch of old beer to use up and not much else in the house. I was a bit worried about how this would come out while it was cooking because this was pretty watery for a long time. It took quite a while to eventually get a glaze, but even then it was pretty thin. My boyfriend really enjoyed the end result. The beer and lime flavors were well taken up by the chicken. That being said, I think you would have to really, really like the taste of beer, like my boyfriend does, in order to be able to enjoy this dish. Thanks for posting.