Recipe by Jenny H.
This tarty chicken recipe has a very unique taste and is the only way I can get rid of those half empty bottles of beer my husband "forgets about" in the refrigerator.
Top Review by jnpj
I had a bunch of old beer to use up and not much else in the house. I was a bit worried about how this would come out while it was cooking because this was pretty watery for a long time. It took quite a while to eventually get a glaze, but even then it was pretty thin. My boyfriend really enjoyed the end result. The beer and lime flavors were well taken up by the chicken. That being said, I think you would have to really, really like the taste of beer, like my boyfriend does, in order to be able to enjoy this dish. Thanks for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- When cooked inside, add the juice of lime and cover with enough beer to just go over tops of chick.
- Cover and let cook until juices condense.
- Do not freak out, sometimes it takes awhile for this to happen.
- I have often thought it was going to be a watery mess for ever but when it happens-pow!
- In a matter of minutes you will have a lovely tart brown glaze on the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Goes very nicely with rice.