Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Years ago I wanted a "from scratch" Beef Stew. I started putting everything I could find in my kitchen into a crock pot, added spices and then let it cook all day. My roommate at the time loved it and made me make it at least once a month. Now my husband and son want it all the time too.
- 2 lbs round steaks (cut in bite sized pieces)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups potatoes (cut in bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup cut green beans (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup carrot (sliced)
- 1 cup celery (sliced)
- 1 large onion (cut in bite sized wedges)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mesquite flavored fajita seasoning mix
- 1 cup water (use more to make as thin as you like)
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot using 1 cup of water to start.
- Turn on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- During cooking time check the stew and if necessary, add more water.
- Serve with crackers.