Recipe by MTDavids
The Bean refers to my son. He earned this nickname because of his love of beans and his ability to generate blimp-like quantities of methane gas. This was, and still is his favorite sandwich. It is important to serve this on a fresh slice of good Italian or French bread with mayo.
Top Review by anme
I loved this marinade! I made this for lunch today, but broiled the chicken last night. I topped this with Recipe #186720, and skipped the mayo. Lovely sandwhich, but I plan on making this again just with the chicken for a nice dinner. Maybe putting on kebobs with some veggies, yum!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cubed - 1/2 to 1 inch
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 loaf Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except mayo, chicken, and bread in a non-reactive baking dish.
- Add chicken, cover, and marinate at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Stir once each hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, uncover, and bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve on freshly sliced bread slathered with mayo.
- Note: Can be grilled on skewers, using the marinade to baste. If grilling, boil marinade and spoon over chicken before serving. Prep time includes 4 hours to marinate.