Prep 1 min
Cook 14 mins
A spur of the moment, with what was at hand lunch. I used my "Beef Barbecue" recipe left over from last night, a coleslaw recipe from "Cooking With Beer", thick slice slab bacon, and a local store bought ham salad. A Shadows original. P.S. The cooking time is for the bacon.
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half fried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon lime pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 4 slices bread, of choice, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup barbecued beef, Beef Barbecue
- 1⁄4 cup ham, salad
- 1⁄4 cup Coleslaw
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard, to taste
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing, to taste
- Fry bacon on medium heat with lime pepper and garlic flakes.
- Toast bread lightly.
- Spread brown mustard on 2 slices and blue cheese dressing on remaining 2 slices.
- Place beef barbecue on 1st slice of toast that has mustard on it.
- Top with half of coleslaw.
- On next piece of toast (one with blue cheese dressing) spread ham (or shrimp) salad.
- Top this layer with slaw.
- Stack on first layer.
- On 3rd slice of toast (brown mustard) place bacon.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Layer on top of other layers.
- Place last slice of toast, dressing side down on top of all.
- Secure with large toothpicks.
- Place in microwave for approximately 20 seconds, just enough to heat cheese.
- Remove from microwave and slice diagonally.
- Serve with chips and pickle if so desired.