Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is another one of Ina Garten's creations. I think all of her recipes are easy and delicious.
- 8 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove ends of zucchini and cut them in half lengthwise. Then slice them diagonally in 1/2" slices.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan and add the onions. Cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat until they just start to brown. Add the zucchini, salt(I use Kosher salt) and pepper. Toss occasionally for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked through. Al dente, please no soggy zucchini. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and cook for about 30 seconds more. Remove to serving platter and serve immediately.
- Don't add too much zucchini to pan or it will steam instead of sauté. Cook in two batches, if necessary.
Thanks for posting this. It's one of my favorite ways to serve zuchs.
Awesome...easy and quick. Like others though I did reduce the number of zukes and left all other ingrediants as directed. Will make again and again.
Terrific side dish!! For our tastes, it could use more parmesadn cheese. The larger peices of onion were nice, and we didn't overcook the zucchini. Very enjoyable.