Recipe by Irish Rose
Great salad because not only are the ingredients available year-round, but no cooking is needed! Means a lot on a hot summer day.
Top Review by Sandi (From CA)
I don't wish to rate this because it's my first time using endive as the only lettuce in a salad and we found it far too bitter to eat and the dijon dressing seemed to clash with it terribly. Perhaps it was the *type* of endive? We've had this lettuce as one of, say, 5 variations in a mix, but then its bitterness is tempered by the other greens. To this salad I added some crispy baked prosciutto pieces and we ended up eating only those and the avocado. Thank you anyway for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 heads endive
- 4 ripe Hass avocadoes, peeled and seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Remove a half inch from the stem of each endive, discard the core, and cut the rest across into 1" chunks. Cut the avocados into large pieces. Toss the avocados and endive with the vinaigrette. Season to taste and serve at room temperature.