Recipe by Irish Rose
My favorite green in a recipe by my favorite cook, Ina Garten. Ina says the arugula is peppery, the vinaigrette lemony and the parmesan spicy. She also recommends using Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is simple and delicious, i usually make this using spinach but it is so good with arugula, did some amount adjustments, and added in a little cayenne, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh arugula
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any roots from the arugula. Fill sink with cold water and toss the arugula for a few minutes to clean. Spin dry the leaves and place them in a bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten.
- Toss well and place the salad on individual plates.
- With sharp knife or vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large shards and arrange them on the arugula.