Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite green in a recipe by my favorite cook, Ina Garten. Ina says the arugula is peppery, the vinaigrette lemony and the parmesan spicy. She also recommends using Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh arugula
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Remove any roots from the arugula. Fill sink with cold water and toss the arugula for a few minutes to clean. Spin dry the leaves and place them in a bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten.
- Toss well and place the salad on individual plates.
- With sharp knife or vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large shards and arrange them on the arugula.
this is simple and delicious, i usually make this using spinach but it is so good with arugula, did some amount adjustments, and added in a little cayenne, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)