The Barefoot Contessa Peach and Raspberry Crisp - Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the inside of a 10-by-15-inch oval baking dish.
- Immerse the peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds, then place them in cold water. Peel the peaches and slice them into thick wedges and place them into a large bowl.
- Add the orange zest, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour. Toss well. Gently mix in the raspberries. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. If there is a lot of liquid, add 1 more tablespoon of flour. Pour the peaches into the baking dish and gently smooth the top.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, oatmeal and the cold butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the butter is pea-sized and the mixture is crumbly. (Note: May mix by hand or with a pastry blender.) Sprinkle the topping evenly over the peaches and raspberries.
- Bake the crisp for 1 hour, until the top is browned and crisp and the juices are bubbly. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator and reheat in a 350-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes until warm.