Recipe by Judy81350
This recipe came from The Baldpate Inn, Estes Park, Colorado. Its a very hearty cornbread, practically a meal in itself. Goes great with stew or chili. Definitely not for the diet conscious.
Top Review by liznem
My parents live in Estes Park and my mom makes this cornbread a lot. I made it to go with chili for the superbowl, and it was a huge hit! So moist and delicious with a perfect texture. Everyone that came insisted on brining some home.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups canned creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until blended and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Gradually beat in corn and cheeses. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Place in oven, close door, immediately reduce heat to 300°F and bake 1 hour or until pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Top will still look moist.
- Serve warm.