1/1 Photo of The Baked Brownie
Recipe Source: Baked NYC. Baked Note: A great brownie is easy to make, but you have to be aware of several factors. 1. Use a dark cocoa powder, like Valrhona. A pale, light-colored cocoa does not have enough depth. 2. Make sure your eggs are room temperature and do not overbeat them into the batter, and 3. Make sure you check your brownies often while baking. Once the brownies have been overbaked slightly, they have reached the point of no return.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter the sides and bottom of a glass or light colored metal pan 9x13x2 pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, the salt, and cocoa powder.
- 4Configure a large sized double boiler. Place the chocolate, the butter, and the instant espresso powder in the bowl of the double boiler and stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and combined. Turn off the heat, but keep the bowl over the water of the double boiler and add both sugars. Whisk the sugars until completely combined and remove the bowl from the pan. Mixture should be room temperature.
- 5Add three eggs to the chocolate/butter mixture and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until just combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Do not over beat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- 6Sprinkle the flour/cocoa/salt mix over the chocolate. Using a spatula (DO NOT USE A WHISK) fold the dry into the wet until there is just a trace amount of the flour/cocoa mix visible.
- 7Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth the top with your spatula. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes (rotate the pan half-way through baking) and check to make sure the brownies are completely done by sticking a toothpick into the center of the pan. The brownies are done when the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- 8Cool the brownies completely before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Baked Brownie
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 171.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g