Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This soup takes minutes to make and is good enough to serve to company, my family loves this! you can saute an onion and fresh garlic in the 2-3 tablespoons butter if desired before adding in the other ingredients (omitting the garlic powder) but it is just as delicious without it! 18% cream can be used in place of the whipping cream but it will not be as good! Use only Campbell's Cream of Potato soup for this, another brand will not be as good. The cayenne is only optional, add in for an extra kick! This will serve 4-6 people but can easily be doubled or tripled. You will LOVE this easy soup!
Top Review by Chef Newtown
I made this soup for some friends on a snowy day. I sauteed onions first in a little butter and added a little more ginger, allspice and cinnamon. I also added a few drops of Tapasco sauce since I did not have any cayenne. It was a hit! It's easy and so tasty. I will certainly make this again. Thanks!
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell's cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika (for garnish)
- seasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the cream of potato soup, water, pumpkin puree, butter and whipping cream, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger; stir until blended and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a soup tureen.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika, then top with seasoned croutons.