Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A hard to resist hot chocolate recipe to warm you up. With freezing temperatures, kids and adults search for sweet treats to warm up their winters. With each steamy mug of this hot chocolate recipe, you get the chocolatey taste you crave. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 quart lowfat chocolate milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pour milk and cocoa powder into a saucepan and mix well; bring to a simmer and mix in sugar. Reduce heat to very low and add chocolate chunks, stirring occasionally until melted (takes about 3-5 minutes).
- Carefully pour hot chocolate mixture through a metal strainer and finish by adding vanilla extract.
- Pour into individual mugs and top off with marshmallows or whipped cream if desired.
A very nice way to start off the morning! Thanks! Made for the Comfort Cafe-Jan. 2010.