- 2 lbs lean meat, coarsely ground
- 1 onion, minced
- 16 fluid ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 16 fluid ounces bottled water
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 -6 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat and onions and then drain any liquid.
- Simmer the meat, onions, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt, paprika, ground cumin, red pepper, garlic, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of flour for 2 hours.
- (Can also be done in a crockpot).
- Add another 2 to 3 tablespoons of flour and cook for an additional 15 minutes.